Some of the biggest names in New Jersey’s lucrative cannabis industry are coming together for a day of intense networking and conversations about medical marijuana, legalization and the hemp and CBD industries as part of NJ Cannabis Insider’s Oct. 2 live event.
Hosted in collaboration with nonprofit lobbying powerhouse the New Jersey Cannabis Industry Association, the mini expo will pack in a full day of programming, panel discussions, business networking and lunch at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center in Edison. Purchase your tickets now; availability is limited.
Who are the keynote speakers?
Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin and iAnthus Chief Strategy Officer Beth Stavola.
Coughlin is one of the most powerful elected officials in the state — especially when it comes to legalizing marijuana. Stavola, a New Jersey native who is considered a rock star in the local industry, helped lead two businesses in the cannabis/hemp space — MPX Bioceuticals and CBD for Life.
Who else is speaking?
- Devra Karlebach, CEO of Green Thumb Industries-New Jersey
- Jeff Brown, the head of the state’s Medicinal Marijuana Program
- Fruqan Mouzon, cannabis law chair at McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter
- Bill Pascrell III, a lobbyist at the Princeton Public Affairs Group
- Daylin Leach, a Pennsylvania state senator
- Hugh O’Beirne, president of the New Jersey Cannabis Industry Association
- Michael Nashat, CEO of TerrAscend
- Stacey Udell, of HBK accountants
- Ken VandeVrede, CEO of Hillview Med
- Lee Vartan, an attorney at Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi
- Jennifer Cabrera, an attorney at Vicente Sederberg
- Tara Sargente, founder of Blazin’ Bakery and executive director of the New Jersey CannaBusiness Association
- Charlana McKeithen, the executive director at NORML
- Sheila Mints, an attorney at Capehart Scratchard
- Ruth Rauls, an attorney at Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr
- Deborah Miran, a former member of the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission
- Colleen Mahr, the president of the New Jersey League of Municipalities
- Dara Servis, executive director of the New Jersey Cannabis Industry Association
- Michael Cooper, a compliance attorney with MadisonJay Solutions
- Sanjay Gupta, MD, president of the American Pain Association
- Susan Greenberg, MD, president at Adult Medical Oncology/Hematology Group
- Robert Chapdelaine, MD, a pain specialist
- Jessie Gill, the nurse behind Marijuana Mommy.
- Scott Rudder, president of the New Jersey CannaBusiness Association
- Sarah Fajardo, marijuana policy director at the ACLU
What are the panels?
- The State of Cannabis in the Garden State
- How to Get Into the Business
- Navigating the Complexities of Compliance
- What Professionals Need to Succeed
- Opportunities in the Hemp and CBD Space
- The Women in Leadership
- What the Medical Community Needs to Know
The Garden State recently surpassed 55,000 medical marijuana patients, and counts on some 2,000 caregivers and 1,000 doctors who participate in the program. Only registered medical marijuana patients can set foot in a dispensary.
At the Oct. 2 event, there will be four of the state’s six open dispensaries showcased at the exhibition hall. The mini expo is designed for those looking to open up shop in the near future.
Click here for more details and to purchase tickets. (Note: Availability is limited. As others will tell you, we have had to turn people away from our last two large-scale events.)
NJ Cannabis Insider is produced by NJ Advance Media, which also provides content for NJ.com, The Star-Ledger and other affiliated papers. Subscribe here for exclusive insider information from NJ Cannabis Insider.
Justin Zaremba may be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @JustinZarembaNJ. Find NJ.com on Facebook.